Sunday 18 January 2009

An exciting day!

Well I don't think my boss is best pleased with me. He said that if I don't shape up then I will need to seriously consider my position here at the zoo. I'm not sure really what he means but all the time he was talking to me the vein on the side of his head was throbbing.
Anyway - that's by the by. I have exciting news! The science bods have finally found the growth gene for the african elephants and it should just be a matter of months before the first miniature elephant is born! We expect it to be about the size of a jack russell and if it's successful they want to try it with the giraffes! Just imagine taking tiny elephants and giraffes on a walk around the park on a lead! There's a competition amongst the staff to come up with a name for the first miniature elephant - I've suggested Dulcie. I'm quietly confident.
Another thing happened today. I was walking down towards the primate house to take some tools back to Dave and I kicked what I thought was a stone. It turns out that it was actually Norman - the tortoise. He went quite far. I went and picked him up from the under the bushes, put him the right way up again and let him go on his way. He seemed alright apart from a bit of a twitchy face. Anyway - don't tell the boss. I'll see you soon my lovelies.
B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment